Greetings from the Idlewild Pastor Nominating Committee.
The PNC made significant progress during the latter part of 2018. We are currently meeting weekly to continue our work. Thus far, our tasks have included the following, among other steps:
- Preparing the Ministry Information Form to "advertise" the open position on the PC(USA)'s Church Leadership Connection system.
- Seeking input and referrals from church members, clergy, and staff regarding our next Head of Staff and Idlewild's future.
- Reviewing Pastor Information Forms (PIFs) received from candidate ministers, and seeking input on potential candidates and referrals from pastors, seminary presidents, professors, and other contacts within the PC(USA).
- Reaching out to potential candidates to gauge their interest and to ask questions about their background, experience, vision, and current ministries
. The potential candidates also asked questions of the PNC in order to learn more about Idlewild.
- Listening to sermons available online and doing further research about candidates preferred by PNC members.
- Taking time to deliberate over the Advent season, we began meeting again in early January and further narrowed our focus on preferred candidates.
That brings us to today. As of mid-January 2019, the PNC is in active communication with candidates who have expressed interest in Idlewild. Our next steps will involve a more thorough vetting process which includes formal interviews. Please keep in mind that our work is and must remain confidential, as candidates may be actively engaged in ministry at other churches.
We invite you to continue in prayer for the PNC as we move forward in our work.
"Never flag in zeal, be aglow with the Spirit, serving the Lord."
Praise be to God,
The Idlewild PNC